|CANica is a software tool made to help the human interaction of
It is based on a powerful scripting language and a simple GUI editor. Thanks to its simple approach, it's very easy to build a verification tool that permits to view some CAN data on the screen, send information on the CAN upon a press of a button, and many other operations.
Some of the advantaves of CANica are:
- Built-in compiler simplifies the traditional toolchain used to make such applications.
- Common driver and same mechanisms are used for all CAN and LIN hardware vendors. Send a CAN message with only one sentence.
- Integrated Diag-on-CAN protocol
- CAN database support (*.dbc)
- Multiple instances of CANica running at the same time, even if native hardware drivers don’t support it!
- Templates included to simplify even more the creation of new applications
- Extensive user manual
- Auto-start & full-screen feature for custom applications in embedded environment
- Run-time inspection of components
|This is done in a simple way just by selecting the type of component,
dropping it into the working area and setting its attributes.
| The non-graphical objects are placed in the screen during design time, but become invisible at runtime.
|Using a C-like scripting language you can program the functionality
required. No additional compiler or tool is needed. Variables have no
type No main function. Just code your endless loop. Program your own
functions, or use the internal functions provided by CANica. Access any
CAN frame simply. Arithmetic expressions compatible with ANSI C. Debug
it and inspect all the objects and variables used. Conditional
expressions: for, while, if, switch Event programming allowed Syntax
CANica has a built-in function library that can be used for math operations, string manupulation, type conversion, or other general purpose uses.
|©2009 FICOSA International|